Monday 2 October 2017

EASIEST WAY TO RECOVER A BUTTONED HEADBOARD.

The easiest, laziest way to recover an upholstered buttoned/tufted headboard ever!


I really wanted one of these big padded headboards.
This gorgeous number is from Luxury Beds Online and costs £400.


and this enormous bright purple number was £15 from a charity furniture shop.
It took two guys and all their strength (it weighs a ton) to haul it through the house and up the stairs.

This is the easy way I recovered it.


You only need fabric and three things.
Scissors
A curly needle
Thick thread
(I used darning thread, 10p from a charity shop).


Throw the fabric over the headboard.
Then using the curly needle,
where the button is, put a stitch through the fabric and the fabric covering the button underneath.


Knot it a couple of times.



When all the 'buttons' have been done.
Turn it around and do a tacking stitch to attach the fabric at the back


I love it, I was so pleased with the result.

Breakdown
Headboard £15
Delivery £5 (God they earned that, they were actually sweating)
Fabric £0 (curtain remnants)
Thread 10p
Total £20.10

I think this is currently one of my favourite,
aiming for luxe on a budget house renovation projects I have done.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig