Wednesday 29 November 2017

THREE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS I WANT THAT DON'T COST THE EARTH



An Abigail Ahern style simple Christmas tree.
I don't think I will be allowed to do anything this simple, but I love how it looks.
Just a few lights and a handful of baubles.
I've actually managed to keep last years pot grown tree alive in the garden for a whole year and it looks very much like this one, so it will be brought back in, in December, I love the smell of a real Christmas tree.
I also love how she's styled her fire place, a few giant baubles with just a few twigs.



A natural wooden wreath with just greenery at the bottom.
I passed a shop today that had one of these  hung on the door with just eucalyptus on the bottom.
I was consumed with envy.
I'm thinking one of these can't be too difficult to make, just a few twigs wound into a circle with a bit of greenery wired to the bottom?
I'm going to go foraging and give it a go.
(It may be the window box triumph all over again).


A big, messy, loose wreath with a giant bow hung over a mirror.
I hope my living room, not quite having the The Dead Dolls House ceiling heights, will allow it.
Again I might give it a go myself, these things always look so easy...

And these three things wont cost a small fortune, even the Abigail Ahern look could be done for £20
and afterwards, anything that can't be saved can be thrown straight into the green bin.

And here's a Christmas display, that I wont be trying to re-create but a salute to their style


gifts uniquely displayed below a magic tree hung from a back scratcher : )

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig