Friday 15 December 2017

HOW TO FIX A DODGY UPVC DOOR WITH NO SKILL OR MONEY


Would love this to be my front door but it's not, mine's a white UPVC

If you are reading this and looking for budget interiors inspiration,
you may be a trifle bored.
However,
if you have come across this while googling - easy, how to fix a UPVC door,
you will love this...
It is so unbelievably easy!

Since I bought my house, the front UPVC door lock has always been a bit tricky,
this is the first house I have lived in or bought that has a UPVC door.

Gradually it has been getting worse and over the last couple of days, I have been cringing thinking the neighbours, as they sit relaxing in an evening, will be shaking their fists at me as I shake the whole terrace with my door slamming antics.

Then it just wouldn't shut. Just as I was resigning myself to a chair under the handle, a replacement door with a £1000 bill and dealing with the true horror that is salesmen.
My neighbour on hearing the slamming, knocked and said,
"Do you want me to fix that for you?"

So
This is how you fix it!

GET HOLD OF THE DOOR BY BOTH HANDLES
AND GIVE IT A MASSIVE LIFT UPWARDS

That's it, that's all you have to do!

Apparently the UPVC door panels slip, so you just have to lift them back into place.
Someone had a UPVC door still under guarantee and when it started to be tricky to shut/lock the company sent out someone who did just that, got hold of it by the handles and hoofed it skywards.

Now my neighbour is over 6ft
so if hoofing it skyward doesn't work for you, just get someone burlier to give it a go.

Hope that helped.

The next front door post will be... me attempting to paint it!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig