Friday 25 June 2021

HOW TO MAKE THE EASIEST CHEAPEST ECO GLASS CLEANING SPRAY

This is the best glass cleaner I have ever used,
also the easiest to make.

kitchen with home made glass cleaner brown glass bottle
Photo by Good Soul Shop on Unsplash
Take an empty spray bottle, this is a 200ml size,
add a squirt of washing up liquid,
a squirt of lemon juice
and top up with water.
So simple it's barely a how to.

brown glass cleaning spray bottle, wooden tray and a lemon

Use like a regular shop bought glass cleaner, spray on and buff off.
It's the only one I've ever used which doesn't leave smears.

To make it fully environmentally friendly,
I used eco, refill washing up liquid Miniml.

eco washing up liquid in the kitchen

I buy it from a local zero waste shop about £1 for 500ml

Dirt cheap glass cleaner with no toxic chemicals,
I can't believe I've ever bought ready made.

Also works really well on high gloss kitchen cupboard doors, Ikea desks etc.

Disclaimer,
me not being Unilever...
have only tested this in my own home.

I'm going to attempt making other spray cleaners next,
avoiding the usually hailed, but evil smelling, 
vinegar (only smells good on chips)
and lavender (beaut as a plant, a crime every where else).

Small things,
but every pound saved,
single use plastic avoided,
is a small triumph.
Kaizen
(Japanese philosophy of small continuous improvements which together make big results).


home made cleaning products in brown glass bottles
Photo by Daiga Ellaby on Unsplash

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig